I can load a image file from a fold if I did like this:

Bitmap myBitmap3 = new Bitmap(@"C:\HEapp\images\logo.bmp");

however, this is not convenient if I move my program, so I was try to do this:

Bitmap myBitmap3 = new Bitmap(@"\images\logo.bmp");

however, it doesn't work, could anyone tell me how to do this, many thanks!!

another question, how do I export a porper exe file which can run on a computer has no framework installed?

many thanks!!!!!

12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by r0ckbaer

It needs to be an absolute path to the file, so you need to use Server.MapPath()

like so...
Bitmap myBitmap3 = new Bitmap(Server.MapPath("~/images/logo.bmp"));

(Assuming this is a web app)

if this is not a web app, and you plan on moving this around, I suggest setting a key in the config file of the root path like <add key="root" value="C:\mystuff\" />

If your just looking to reference a file from the current directory, you can drop the first \. @"images\logo.bmp" might be what your looking for.

I'm not sure if this is the question that raybristol is asking, but I do wonder, how do you get a path to the place where the EXE is located, from which you can find the folder it is in and so on? What I mean is, how could you make it so you can place the EXE anywhere, whether it be C:\My Documents\HelloWorld.exe or C:\Program Files\Hello\HelloWorld.exe and the program would still be able to find out where you put it?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.