HI everybody! I am starting a visual basic application from java with the following routine:

Runtime rt = Runtime.getRuntime();
    try {
    Process p = rt.exec("Grabacion");

}
    catch (Exception e)
    { e.printStackTrace();
    }

I want to know if there is any method in java that can make this application "grabacion" stop running...like a stop or quit exec or something like that! Hope someone can help me very soon!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

try the destroy() method.

I tried the destroy method but that one forces the application to close. My application is developed in Visual Basic, and if I use the destroy method the aplication doesnt reach the unload metho so I dont get the expected results. I need something like closing the window or something like that, is it possible??? Help me please, is the last step of my graduation project!!!!!

I've looked up the class api and can only find one other possible method that will help: exitValue()

It returns the exit value for the subprocess, but I don't know what you could do with that.

Now, one other way to kill the process is to call the kill.exe file on your computer(if you have windows).

Runtime.getRuntime().exec("kill fileID"), where fileIDis the Process Id. You'll probably have trouble finding the process ID, so I don't know about that either.

Overall, I think this is a problem with your VB code not handling the exit right, or else you're just out of luck.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.