I have tried a number of things. If I am copying from one folder to another on my computer it works fine. It is only when I try to put in a path to the web that it doesn't. I must need a different object to do this with but can't find what one to use.

an example of the thread I would like to copy to my c drive is
http://www.movies4wholesale.com/
product_images/000799427422_a.jpg
cut and paste and it will display a jpg. I want to copy that jpg to my c drive....

any idea's ?

I can display this page from my code using
SHDocVw.InternetExplorer
but don't now what to use to copy it instead

Thanks a lot
John

[email]snipped[/email]

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

An easy way is to use the API URLDownloadToFIle...

Good Luck

An easy way is to use the API URLDownloadToFIle...

Good Luck

Looks like it may be exactly what I am after. Will try it this afternoon and post results

John

Looks like it may be exactly what I am after. Will try it this afternoon and post results

John

not quite sure what you are saying here, I entered the jpg address ithat you gave into explorer and a DVD case of La Furia is displayed. right click on the picture and you are given the opportunity to 'Save picture as...'

Hey bob, look up the URLDownloadToFile API and then you will know how to do that save as portion without the need for user intervention (the right clicking and selecting save as and selecting the directory and file name...)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.