I have just started a basic class in programming and I am totally lost. Can someone help me out? I have to write pseudocodes and create flowchart and don't have a clue. I need help with the following: flowchart, pseudo-code, Input and Output variables, and also an Program Desk Check for the following problem:

A small startup software developer company needs to create a program that will calculate the pay of its employees. For the first version of the program, the company wants the program to accept an employee’s name, the number of hours the employee worked, and the hourly pay rate. The program will then calculate the gross pay, display the employee’s name, number of hours worked, pay rate, and gross pay.

I dont even know where to start, Thanks In Advance!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I'd look into cin and std::string. Also, multiply is * in c++ :)

I am assuming you just need a start on the flowcharting and not actually writing a program.

A basic flowchart has input, output, statements, and decisions. Anything that must be entered before the program can run is considered input (employee name, hours worked, pay rate). Then you will make a statement that calculates the gross pay (typically hours*payrate). Then, anything you want to tell the user is considered an output (gross pay, and optionally, you may want to state the employee name, hours, and pay rate again).

i want to write the psuedo code of a program that calculates the greatest common multiple of two numbers provided by the user. please help me on this. i will be greatly thankful

namra_shahid, what you have done here is called "thread hijacking". Please start your own tread rather than post a question at the bottom of someone elses!

Thanks,

David

commented: Amen :) +3

A small startup software developer company needs to create a program that will calculate the pay of its employees. For the first version of the program, the company wants the program to accept an employee’s name, the number of hours the employee worked, and the hourly pay rate. The program will then calculate the gross pay, display the employee’s name, number of hours worked, pay rate, and gross pay.Write the pseudocode and write the program ckeck desk.

can you help me?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.