Hi all,
I'm an experienced programmer in C, C++, and Java, and I'm new to this site. I was wondering if this would be an appropriate place to post a Matlab question. Any Matlab gurus out there? I have a bunch of data files of 10,000 -dimensional vectors that I'm reading in and plotting automatically. Now I would like to write the images produced by the plot command to jgeg files (so I don't have to manually go to File->Save As for each figure), but I don't know how to do it. If there were some way I could pipe the ouput of the plot command into properly-formatted input for the imwrite command (i.e. an MxNx3 color-image array), I'd be set. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Josh

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Just a question, what is Matlab used for?

I think you are confused with the matlab commands, "imwrite" function has no relation with the "plot" function. Imwrite writes the data [2D or 3D matrices] into the images, it does not handle the output from the plot function. If you want to save output of "plot' as a images [for many files] you need to run the internal save as command in the loop.

If you need more help on matlab functions, try kluid [ http://www.kluid.com ]

b4 : ]

Hi all,
I'm an experienced programmer in C, C++, and Java, and I'm new to this site. I was wondering if this would be an appropriate place to post a Matlab question. Any Matlab gurus out there? I have a bunch of data files of 10,000 -dimensional vectors that I'm reading in and plotting automatically. Now I would like to write the images produced by the plot command to jgeg files (so I don't have to manually go to File->Save As for each figure), but I don't know how to do it. If there were some way I could pipe the ouput of the plot command into properly-formatted input for the imwrite command (i.e. an MxNx3 color-image array), I'd be set. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Josh

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.