When I try run my appliction on a client machine I keep getting the following error:

Run-Time Error '20532
Cannot find database dll

I know I need to install the 'database dll' on the clients machine ... but ... what is the database dll? I am using MS Access 2000 as my database.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Did you create an install package with the PDW or some other installer? If not, you need to as you cannot just copy an exe over to another machine...

Good Luck

Hi, you have not specified whether your application is an interface or report.
If report, have you used Crystal (any version). If Yes load crystal reports on the client machine also.

Santosh Joshi

hi,
now my program runs fine but when i am opening any report from my program its gives runtime error 20525 unable to load report and i am have using crystal reports 10 and i am opening my report in this way
SCRRegShare.ReportFileName = App.Path & "\Reports\rptBonusAllot.rpt"

dear i am working on xp 2006

Okay, so you have finally answered a question but there are other questions like in my previous post. The post prior to the one you answered... Did you create an install package and install your program on the other machine?

Good Luck

no actualy i copied my project folder and paste it to an other system now i am running exe file directly than all pages are working fine but when i am running any report than i am getting this error " runtime error 20525 unable to load report "
but i have also install crystal reports 10 on that system.

You need to create an install package and install your program on the other computer! To install, you could use the PDW, Visual Studio Installer 1.1 (the replacement for the PDW), Inno, Wise, or several other free and not so free installation applications BECAUSE YOU CANNOT JUST COPY A VB EXE OVER TO ANOTHER MACHINE AND EXPECT IT TO WORK!

Good Luck

no dear listen i dint copied only exe file, i copied all the project folder and paste that project folder on the other system and from that folder i am trying to open exe file.

You need to create an install package and install your program on the other computer! To install, you could use the PDW, Visual Studio Installer 1.1 (the replacement for the PDW), Inno, Wise, or several other free and not so free installation applications BECAUSE YOU CANNOT JUST COPY A VB EXE OVER TO ANOTHER MACHINE AND EXPECT IT TO WORK!

It does not matter that you copied all your source files!!!! YOU NEED TO CREATE AN INSTALL PACKAGE AND INSTALL YOUR PROGRAM ON THE OTHER COMPUTER!!!!!!!

VB source files are nothing but text files! Add a control to your form and you also need to add its ocx/dll and the PDW or VSI will do this for you. Same goes for user controls and other controls or references that you add to your project!!! Those libraries need to be installed properly and just coping the exe over will leave all those controls and references behind!!! Thus "IT DON'T WORK!!!"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.