Dear Members,

I am developing a desktop application on “Attendance and Payroll Management System”. To develop this I am using C# and MS SQL Server 2005. I would like to build this based on Unicode characters so that all the data from user interface can be stored in the database as Bangle characters. Different reports also show that data in Bangle characters as well. But I do not know how I will do that. Is anyone there who can help me giving suggestion step by step? Please also suggest me how to make a connection string and database connection to sqlserver2005 to store and retrieve data. Any good suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks to you all and have a good day.

Regards,
Nasir

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi, Microsoft SQL Server will store as unicode if the field value type is set to nchar.

You might want to find out what encoding Bangle uses. (UTF-8 for example?)

To write a connection string, how about checking http://www.connectionstrings.com :)

Dear Members,

I am developing a desktop application on “Attendance and Payroll Management System”. To develop this I am using C# and MS SQL Server 2005. I would like to build this based on Unicode characters so that all the data from user interface can be stored in the database as Bangle characters. Different reports also show that data in Bangle characters as well. But I do not know how I will do that. Is anyone there who can help me giving suggestion step by step? Please also suggest me how to make a connection string and database connection to sqlserver2005 to store and retrieve data. Any good suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks to you all and have a good day.

Regards,
Nasir

You need to use national character data types(nchar, nvarchar, ntext) for columns. Use Sql Insert/select/update statements to store/retrieve data.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.