I'm trying to write a Btree remove method in JAVA I'm having trouble combining my nodes and then recursing up through the parent does anyone know where I can get some info about this online?

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

I figured it out and now know more about Btree than I ever thought possible

hey, i was just searching the web for some examples of creating a java btree... but for my class assignment she wants it without parent pointers... so no parent object, so we have to pass it in on like our add method and others that we may need one for... im just sooo stumped as to what to do... i see that you found out alot about btrees according to your last post, just wondering if you would be willing to help me out.. thanks

hey, i was just searching the web for some examples of creating a java btree... but for my class assignment she wants it without parent pointers... so no parent object, so we have to pass it in on like our add method and others that we may need one for... im just sooo stumped as to what to do... i see that you found out alot about btrees according to your last post, just wondering if you would be willing to help me out.. thanks

Hi JT,

I haven't used this in probably 2 years but lo and behold I get a message in my e-mail and decided to check it out.

The only possible thing I can think of is to instead of reorganizing the tree using parent pointers you may have to just use a pointer to the node object that is the head of the tree and go down everytime instead of up using children nodes from the parent to look and see if you should reset the root node. I'm not even sure that will work either but it's the only way I can think to maybe do it. All the parent pointer does anyway is serve as a way to look backwards in the tree.

thanks, slowly im doing little by little... lol i wished i just had a grasp for this and i could just sit down and get the whole thing done... thanks for the advice tho, i appreciate it.

im still having trouble figuring out this remove and merge methods... if at all possible, could i send my code to you and you can see what im working with???

hello all
I'm searching for a sample code to creat a BTree but every code I find,is importing a package(that is not belong to standard java).can any one give me a link for a source code that doesn't use their own package?

thanks and regards
parvin

do your own homework kiddo.
and don't go around reviving long dead threads.

It's not my homework jwnting .it's for my work.
I need help

it's not. If it were you would a) happily use a third party library because it saves you work and b) not bother writing your own version of something that's already in the standard library.

Only homework assignments have both the requirement to not use external libraries and to build from scratch something that's available in the core API.

thank you jwenting for being suspicious about me.my jbuilder didn't let me use not standard libs so I had to find a BTree implementation without using packages.
anyway,my problem was solved

thanks

JBuilder will let you use whatever you want if you know how to use JBuilder...
The fact that you don't confirms yet again your status in society as someone who doesn't do this for a living (and most likely uses a pirated copy of JBuilder that doesn't include the documentation).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.