Hi
I need your help friends i am a new in development ........I am assigned to code a client server program.....

In this program both client and server side of the application use the same database now while coding the program how do i write the connection string for database as the database will reside in some other computer. At present by application is running well since i know where the database is residing so i could write the connection string ............But when i give the exe of my application for installation how will my application know where is the database as user may choose any computer in his network for the database to reside.More over how do i pack my setup file so that the database gets installed in proper way and both client and server side of my application know where the database is and hence can communicate with it ....

Showing your code might help. This is not a right way to ask for help.

Read the forum rules. You need to show effort, and what better way than posting the code that you have tried so far?

We only give homework help to those who show effort

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.