I'm looking for people to test a program, I've just finished the rewrite of a program and I need people to test for bugs etc...

It's a program for developers written in python and wxpython-gui-toolkit
It's made with the aim on linux, although windows-testers are welcome as well

link: http://launchpad.net/d-cm
Please tell me if it works..

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Kruptein

This is my result trying to open the program in IDLE in WindowsXP.

I already was afraid that windows would crash. With a previous release I made 2 different versions. But because this one is brand new I wasn't able to port it to windows. It has to do with some differences in the wx package for windows and the one for linux...

but thanks that you tried it

Xp i get the same as tony.
Win-7 the same.
Ubuntu it work,diden`t test it to much.
Virtualbox it`s easy to switch between more OS for testing.

I would not use a gui-toolkit for something large.
Because i think i have more control(eaiser to test) building from botton,but if you are comfortable with wx-glade then i guess it`s ok for you.

Edited by snippsat: n/a

Xp i get the same as tony.
Win-7 the same.
Ubuntu it work,diden`t test it to much.
Virtualbox it`s easy to switch between more OS for testing.

I would not use a gui-toolkit for something large.
Because i think i have more control(eaiser to test) building from botton,but if you are comfortable with wx-glade then i guess it`s ok for you.

I didn't think about that yet, will try the virtualbox definitely, building a gui from bottom, well I think that's just one step to far for me. But maybe when the project get's "successful", I will do that

Sorry think I misread your post and you saw something from the past.
The first-first version of d-cm was written using wx-glade indeed, but because of the way d-cm works I had to modify a lot of code and so I didn't use wx-glade anymore for later releases. You probably saw some comment in a file where it still said something about wxglade, but I can guarantee you that I don't because of the complexity of the program :)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.