I am trying to add to items to a combobox by using the "enter" key. It does work when I add the first item, but if I manually clear the box and add another items it does not get added to the list.
(1) I click in the combobox and type "hello" and press the "enter" key
(2) I click on the dropdown arrow and see that "hello" is in the list
(3) I select "hello" in the box and erase it, item is still in the list
(4) I type "goodbye" in the box and press the "enter" key
(5) "hello" is still in the list but "goodbye" is not
Here is the code:
Private Sub CopyrightCombo_Keypress(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyPressEventArgs) Handles CopyrightCombo.KeyPress
If e.KeyChar = Microsoft.VisualBasic.ChrW(Keys.Return) Then
Dim CopyrightVar As String
CopyrightVar = CopyrightCombo.Text
e.Handled = True
Funny thing, if I comment the if/end if line and type "hello" the items added to the combobox list are: "h", "he", "hel", "hell", "hello" wich makes sens since the add items is run on every keypress :)
So: I know that my commands for adding items is good, I know that my keypress event is handled properly but not when I specify using the "enter" key. Darn.
Being a newbie I am missing something for sure. Hope someone can help :)