Hello, I'm writing a thesis and in order to interrogate the text have written a small programme in vba which allows me to run from a form boolean searches on the chapters which I've entered in an underlying table. The results are pasted to another table and can be viewed and edited in a subsidiary form, the edits then being written back to the original parent table. Unfortunately, it's also sometimes convenient to edit and work on the original word documents upon which each record is based. I'm new to programming and wondered whether there was a relatively simple way of synchronizing the document with its record and vice versa?

Many thanks for any help.

Plec

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I would suggest that you use the InStr function every time that you change anything to the Word document. This will compare text from the document to text in the database and you can then add code to change the database accordingly.

Just google InStr, plenty of tutorials and code samples. Use InStr in VBA to narrow your search.

Let us know if you found what you were looking for.

Thanks AndreRet. I'm off to google.

Only a pleasure. Please mark as solved if nothing more. Enjoy your coding, its fun...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.