Hi all,
I have no idea about C#. I know that its a good language

+****************************************************+
| I DON'T NEED ANY HYPERLINKS( EXCEPT:Good Sites) |
+*****************************************************+

My questions are the following
-------------------------------

1. What is the difference between C#, C++,VB.NEt?
2. What is .Net , is C# and C++ .Net Languages.
3. I know Java , is that useful?
4. As a beginner from where i should start?
5. Good Books, SDK, Good sites

I have a small idea that , .Net is a framework that use common syntax...... like that.
Please explain

+================+
| new_programmer|
+================+

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Knowing Java is helpfull because c# is an object oriented language as well.
and it's basicly the same.

The best way I can reply to this in learning C# is simply, play with it, get visual studio 2010 http://microsoft.com/express
create a new windows form, and play around with it. Microsoft also offers some great tutorials on their site for programming with visual studio, best part is it's all free. Knowing Java is great, infact I know c# and c++, and c# is almost exact of java, im trying to learn java myself.

Hi all,

I have a small idea that , .Net is a framework that use common syntax...... like that.
Please explain

+================+
| new_programmer|
+================+

Here is how you should resolve your question ...

GOOGLE for:

WHAT IS .NET ... learn what .NET is.
C# vs Java ... it will give you an overview of C# using an environment you know (Java).

In my opinion, if you learn C++ first, you can migrate to C# whenever you feel the need.

That said, you do not have to learn C++ to learn C#

And you don't need to buy books on computer languages anymore. Most books are out of date by the time they hit the bookstore shelf anyway. Just find a good beginner site (like C# Corner, or Code Project) where there's solid tutorials and an active forum to get you over the rough spots.

the best way is download visual studio and play around it

thank you all for your great replies.. :D

Hi all,

Please explain

+================+
| new_programmer|
+================+

hi
I am a .net C # developer for last 2.5 years.I started with C++ for object oriented concepts, then I moved to java and from wrking career i wrked only with C# in web application.So your question's answer as follows:-
1-[a]-C#,C++,Vb.net are follow the object oriented languages.

hi
I am a .net C # developer for last 2.5 years.I started with C++ for object oriented concepts, then I moved to java and from wrking career i wrked only with C# in web application.So your question's answer as follows:-
1-[a]-C#,C++,Vb.net are follow the object oriented languages.
-C# and vb.net are .net framwork laguage , so they take full advantage of .net framwork like .feature, inbuilt functions, properties,webservies etc.
[c]-C++ is also is object orientd language but it wrks only independence files(as i wrked on it only in my college time so dont know much about it extendiblity.).
2- it is said genrally that .net is a framwork,but in easy language u can say .net framwrk is whole architecture to build fully secured web or windows applications, If u will find out the .net framwrk features then u will find that provide the facilites to build , test ur application within a certain criteria and solve many headeks that come along with u , as if u make a single asp application.

If you made any application with ASP then all is ur question's answer here. try to make a simple asp application that transfer data from one asp page to another, and then make this application with .net framwrk and see the difference.

all .net framwork feature like CTS,CLR managed code take responsiblity for whole web or window applicaton not for the single page as we did in asp application manually.
3- You know the java that will helpful to you to learn the concepts.
4-From my opnion u should start with C# console applications as i started with.with simple programs the move to .net framwrk 2.0.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.