I'm looking for if I can add C# to my toolbox. However there is something which is not clear. I know C# is interpreted language, but can't get it when it comes to learning It.
I would like to learn Mono, but then, how does it differ with M$'s? Where do I start?

I can competently do some stuffs in C++, Python, PHP, Java.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Download the free Visual Studio 2010 Express Edition. It has C# and C++ on board. See if this can be a starting point to learn C#. And NO, I'm not a guy from MS :icon_cheesygrin:

Download the free Visual Studio 2010 Express Edition. It has C# and C++ on board. See if this can be a starting point to learn C#. And NO, I'm not a guy from MS :icon_cheesygrin:

Thanks for try to convert me to windows ;)
The problem is I'm X-platform fan, so that won't work.
I plan to go for mono, but I don't know good deal of differences and where to start.
All I know is mono has something to do with C# and that it have Banshee, my favo Audio Player made with it :)

So where do I start programming with Mono, having zero knowledge of C#? and how does Mono differe from M$'?

Hey M$ :)
In the old days I was quite a Mac afficionado.
I tried Objective C some time ago, you could do that also.
Well, VS C# has become my natural habitat these days.
Eg: I don't have to worry how to sort a bunch of numbers.
I find that rather pleasing.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.