Is there a snippet of code that will stop the cd rom drive from being opened. if so what is it.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Why should we. You just gonna try to screw up someones computer.

Why should we. You just gonna try to screw up someones computer.

Wow, dude that is a big assumption. I really dont appreciate you saying that. Actually it was for pure curosity. If you could not jump to conclusions like that i would appreciate it. Thank you very much

-T

O yea and igf you must no, way back when, when a posted this. i was looking to make a burning app. I wanted the cd tray to lock when they started to burn (so they wouldnt open it while it was going). That is all.

Please dont assume i am trying to "screw" up someones computer. Its just not right

-T

I don't remember if this is still so, and haven't trested it, but if a drive is burning and a request is received to open the tray, Windows will display a message telling you the drive is in use, and asking if you want to proceed with the request.

yeah when a cd is buring it locks itself

oh sorry then. I hadnt thought of what use a disk tray lock could have in a program besides trying to screw up someones computer. My apologies. -Nick

oh sorry then. I hadnt thought of what use a disk tray lock could have in a program besides trying to screw up someones computer. My apologies. -Nick

thank you for apologizing.

-T

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.