Hi,
I have a complex C++ code with gui. Each major gui division is independent class. Now these classes must 'talk' sometimes in operations like copy from division A and paste in division B. So I need to pass some pointers from one class to another.
I was thinking of using friend methods but I see that I have to pass object each time I call the function which complicates stuffs.
I thought then of static function but then, my pointers will have to be static and I see it will complicate stuffs. I decided to ask if anyone have met this challenge of inter class communication and how to resolve it!
Thanks a lot

Why not public (or protected, if the classes are related) getter/setter functions? If that doesn't make sense then I'm not entirely sure what your problem is, in that case... could you elaborate with an example?

Is that worse than friend or static functions in each class? I guess I'm missing something about your problem

Is that worse than friend or static functions in each class? I guess I'm missing something about your problem

Ok let me weigh the consequence of both approach again and I will go to simplest!

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.