I currently have a program that takes a URL edits it and then opens IE with the new URL.
What I also want is it to log in to that webpage once it is opened, but i cant seem to find a way to interact with the browser so the program also enters the username and password after opening the webpage

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

That would depend on the page. There is no way of doing, if you don't know the code of the page. If you want to login then the url mustn't be one of the main page but the page that it submits to with arguments the username and password. Although putting the password directly in the URL is a bad idea since it is visible.

I know the code of the page so i know what the 2 input boxs names and the buttons name to submit the page.

and the new URL does not contain the username or password. so i load the desired page by putting the username and password into the URL.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.