So what's wrong? Well a new tab tab keeps randomly opening up in the browser that I'm using. If I have no browser open then it just defaults to IE. At first the spacebar key opened a new tab. Then it would open a new tab by itself nonstop. Now the "6", "insert" key, "home" key as well as other keys open a new tab.

IE, Chrome, and Firefox all have this problem so a different browser won't fix the issue. I've reset IE settings. I've ran Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and AVG 2011, numerous times. They haven't found any viruses, malware, etc.

So any ideas on what's causing the issue?

Core System
Brand: Self Built
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Case: Cooler Master Stacker 830(black)
Motherboard: ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 1366 ATX Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core I7 920 2.66 GHz
CPU Cooling: Corsair H50(water cooler)
RAM: SUPER TALENT Chrome Series 6GB DDR3 1600
Video: MSI NVidia 512mb 9600GT GDDR3
Sound: Onboard Audio
Hard drives: 10000 RPM 300 GB VelociRacptor
                  7200 RPM 1 TB Samsung HDD
Optical Drives: 24X DVD(+/-)R/RW RAM and (+/-)R DL LightScribe drive
Power Supply Unit: BFG Tech EX 1000W

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

Have you change the keyboard settings. Try updating all drivers first and connect your laptop using a usb keyboard and see whether anything happens. If nothing happen that mean somethings is wrong with your built in keyboard. Post back your findings?

In Firefox, you can browse multiple sites at once, simply and easily. I continued browsing while opening a lot of Firefox web browsers. Predictive Newtab is a new Mozilla Labs project that adds dynamic site suggestions to the new tab page of the Firefox web browser.

I would reccommend running MalwareBytes its free and it will check to see if any malware/adware is causing the problem by capturing the keys.

Can't tell unless you have another keyboard to test it out. Have you update all drivers? Try doing a system restore before this problem happen.

that keyboard likely has a setup program install, that you should be able to set to default maybe ,try going to start /go to control panel /keyboards and look for different settings .or try start/all programs and look in the list for Saitek Eclips ,good luck

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.