kaharas 0 Newbie Poster

Hi guys, there a flash ( a game ) application A that opens a socket with a server. What I need to do, is to write a c++ application that intercept every packet sent and received by the application through that socket ( to write the game actions history), eventually interacting with flash application functions ( afaik is possible to set handlers from "outside" flash animation, and i can get function names and so on decompiling flash application).
The problem is, I have in mind a couple ways to do that, but I don't know what is the best ( and if I miss some other method).

1) Sniff packet traffic -> winpcap comes to my help, but I need the application to be portable, and not every wireless card may be set to promiscous... so option probably discarded
2) Load the flash swf in a new a frame, and take somehow control over the traffic generated
3) hook plugin_container.exe and try somehow to intercept the traffic throught that

Well, this is what I've thinked of. Every hint, suggestion, idea and critic is well appreciated :)

Thank you all!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.