Hi, everybody. I would really like to know if there is anyway in which I can package two or more set up files together with my vb.net application; so that after installing the application, it automatically starts installing the other applications from the other set-up files.

In my case I want to include mysql server and client together with the application for a demo cd, that am making for a client.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

not sure ... but add them in the wizard when deploying the application

not sure ... but add them in the wizard when deploying the application

I tried that but umh.. the set-up files are are deposited in the program files together with the crucial files of the application. I then install the applications manually. I want them to install automatically coz i am approaching the deadline for the demo. Thanks for the suggestion Guru Jin. I think i'll just have to continue searching for the answer. :_(

try inno setup ... some of the people that were working on a VB.NET project back when I had SE course used it. might work for u as well ->http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

I was also thinking in terms of third party softwares. I will give it a try and see if it works. Thanks Champ! :-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.