Hi there, i was thinking of basing my final year project on file sharing between clients through a server or text message communications between clients. I really need ideas on how i can go about designing and implementing a project based on my idea. I will really appreciate any ideas you send to me. :?:

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi there, i was thinking of basing my final year project on file sharing between clients through a server or text message communications between clients. I really need ideas on how i can go about designing and implementing a project based on my idea. I will really appreciate any ideas you send to me. :?:

Hi
use RMI and I/o technologies for implementing ur project
i hope u might know RMI
its useful in developing distributed application
and is better than socket programming which is lengthier.
u can have an RMI server which will implement the method to
send file across the network and the client will just call those method
whenever they want to send the file to a particular client
server will hav reference of each client that is cuurently logged in
try to implement this
think this willl work
see ya
cold....

Thanks for the information, i will look into your idea, i am trying to have different options for my final year project, please do have any idea about designing and implementing an email application with GUI. I would really appreciate your help.Thanks again !!

Read "The Art Of Java", it includes a full blown email client.

I've yet to find a book creating a complete IRC or SMTP/POP3 server.

Java's got a big mail api and of course a tutorial to go with it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.