Hi

I have a GUI created using VC++. I want to read the value or content from a text box of another GUI in windows(dont have sourec for this GUI). Can you pleae suggest me how can i do this, please also point me to some basic tutorial or books

Thanks
Mak

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I think it is possible to send a WM_GETTEXT message to the child control (window) of another process (using SendMessage). You can use the spy++ application (included in visual studio, maybe?) to get information about the control you are interested in. Have a look at msdn under Library -> Windows Development -> Windows Application UI Development. (msdn.microsoft.com)

I'm taking classes of c++ but VC++ is whole new world for me. When making GUI applications I use VB.NET its so much easier. If you're starting to learn programming and wish to just make GUI application I would recommend learning VB.NET

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.