I'm a beginner student learning Visual Basic 2010, and im trying to create an auction countdown timer in my form but I'm not sure how to do it. The countdown timer Im interested in would be similar to the ones found in BeezID or Swoopco, where the timer continuously counts down, then when a person makes a bid, the timer goes up by 5-10 seconds and continues the countdown. Can someone help me with the code? I searched google and found posts on similar topics, but nothing seemed to match what I'm looking for.
Thank you,

LV

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Dim i As Integer = 10

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        If i > 0 Then
            i = 10
            Timer1.Enabled = True

Else
            MessageBox.Show("Time Up")
        End If
    End Sub

Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick
        If i > 0 Then
            i = i - 1
            Label1.Text = i.ToString()
        Else
            Timer1.Enabled = False
        End If
    End Sub

You mean some thing like this
I hope if i understand your problem it help you, if you get any other feel free to ask

Check out this thread for info about a countdown timer.

Thank you so much Prvnkmr194 and codeorder. Your posts have helped me tremendously!
I will try it now and see if I run into anymore issues.
Thanks again!

Mark it as solved

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.