hi everyone.
am new to vb.net codings and all that and i have a project to submit.
I would like to know the coding behind incrementing a progress bar using a timer.
please help.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi.

>I would like to know the coding behind incrementing a progress bar using a timer.

Handle the Timer event and set Value property of Progressbar control.

thx a lot.
well on my side,i've made use of a variable,incrementing it by 20 at each "timer interval".it worked but the problem is that only 3 bars are appearing on the progress bar.do I need to make use of a loop here so as it continues up to 100%?

You need to provide a bit more detail but I dont think there is any real need of using a timer just to update a status bar.

For example if your looping thru rows in a returned dataset or lines in a file, you want to start by simply setting the max value to your total count. Then within your loop increment each itteration by 1.

If you are unaware of count or how long something will take to process you can set the progress bar state to marquee which will give an non-stopping animation which you can deactivate when completed.

thanks a lot.
u've been of great help!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.