Hi,

I've build an application with Mdiparentform. I want to load login form on start up of the application and on succesful login load the mdiparent form and close the login form.
Please help me with the code.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Set your Log in form as startup form in project proerty.
Add the logic to authenticate the user. If user is authenticated user then hide the login form and show up ur MDI main form. in form_close event of MDI close ur hidden form also..

Hi,
But my prjmanager is not happy with hiding the form. isn't there a solution to close the login form after successful login and open the mdiparent form.
Please help.

set your login form as the startup form from the project properties. and set the project to close when last form closes so the project does not terminate when startup form (login) closes here is the code for displaying the MDIparent form:

'enter code to check username and password here
'if entry is authorised

loginform.dispose 
Mdiparent.show

Hi,
Thanx for the reply but,
It's not working whole application closes.

Did you set the project to close when last form closes so the project does not terminate when startup form (login) closes

Follow these steps:
1. Set the Startup Form property of the project to your login form
2. Set Shutdown mode property of the project to 'when last form closes'

On your login form
'enter your codes to check username and password
'on successful login

MdiParent.show
loginform. Dispose

Thanks
But when I close the mdiParent form my application still runs i think login form is not disposed. Please help

Good, at least it now shows the MDI Parent form. To stop the application from running when you close the MDI Parent form, do this:
1. Double click on the MDI form
2. Go to the Form_Closed Procedure
3. Type in the word 'End'

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.