being new to vb i was wondering if it were possible to set the mdi container on a form so that it is offset by 120 pixel from the left side of the form always, even when resizing the form from maximized state to normal.

I have attached image how i want the mdi container to appear on a form.

Cheers Toshkin!!

being new to vb i was wondering if it were possible to set the mdi container on a form so that it is offset by 120 pixel from the left side of the form always, even when resizing the form from maximized state to normal.

I have attached image how i want the mdi container to appear on a form.

Cheers Toshkin!!

To answer my own question is pretty simple once I found out. Just use the splitter component that you may have to add to your toolbox for windows forms from the .Net Framework Components Library. Make sure if you are using a statusbar send it to the back so it is not off set to the right.

Cheers Toshkin!!! :mrgreen:

PS. Damn shame it is so simply I wasted a good 4 hours reading msdn online and viewing online forums. Not very productive, and not happy Microsoft. :mad:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.