Hello,
I am working as a software tester in Software Quality Assurance department in small company. And what I want to do is design a tool or application to test the performance of any software. Basically I want to create an application that I can use while I am doing the performance test to decrease the free space of the memory and also to make the processor 100% busy. And that will putting any working software under stress environment. Is that possible?

Can any one help me please?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Have you started with anything yet ?

First: Thank you so much for your reply :)
Second: No, I didn't start with anything yet because I don't know from where should I start or if there's any component or OCX to use.

Can you help me please?
Let me know what do you think. I want to create a free tool for everyone to use it in the performance test because every tool I found in the internet you have to buy it first to use it.

Any help please.. I need to start working on this project please :(

every tool I found in the internet you have to buy it first to use it.

Let me tell you something, free lunch is a myth.

and i have a few questions for you.

1. you said you are a tester not a develop right ?
2. what language you are going to use for your tool development.
3. do you know how to write code / what code to write to create an application.
and the most important question
4. Why you want to create a free toll for everyone ?

Thank you debasisdas for your reply. Here's the answers for the questions you asked:
1. you said you are a tester not a develop right ?
Ans: Yes, that's right I am a tester but I know how to develop applications.

2. what language you are going to use for your tool development.
Ans: VB.NET

3. do you know how to write code / what code to write to create an application.
Ans: Yes, I know how to write code and I designed some applications before. But this applications that I designed it's related to Database and storage the data into the database.

4. Why you want to create a free tool for everyone ?
Because as they said: "Share what you know, Learn what you don't". We are living in open world and I think there's a lot of people need this tool and they don't have money to buy it. So why there's no one take the first step to develop this kind of tool??

That's why I am trying to take the first step.

Waiting for your reply.

Best Regards,
Mohamed

Finally, I found a free tool called "HeavyLoad"

Description:
Heavyload is intended to stress all resources of a PC (the CPU, RAM, hard disk, operating system, etc.) in order to test reliability under a heavy load. This is useful for testing important MS Windows file or database servers before using them for production, or just to check if your new PC might get too hot when used intensively. To stress your PC or server, HeavyLoad writes a large test-file to the temp folder, it allocates physical and virtual memory, performs complex calculations and it draws patterns in its window.

You can download the tool from this URL: http://www.jam-software.com/heavyload/index.shtml

Many Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.