Hello. I am New Here and This is my First Post :)

I'll Start with a Question, That is

I know java, But not much.

And I know how to build a Program if some one tell me to make a program that calculates area of a Square and something like that.

But I like to make Some Good APPs like,

A Simple music player, That works like this when some one click a button it pays a sound and just as that. And a Software that can Gather URLs from a Given Web site and some more things like that

But My Question is How to find out the procedure of making such Apps. How do Other Programers make them.

If Some one tell me to explain how the Square area calculator works I can Explain it to him. But Why can't i understand the other Apps like that? Such as the music player.

So What I must do to Understand those?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

well ... you'll need to learn a bit more than just the standard 'increment a primitive value' java functionality.

just google java + sound and see what you find. java can (by itself) play sounds like wav, but if you want it to play .mp3 files, you'll need some extra java libraries that add the support for these files.

there are tons of libraries out there that can help you, and come with both api's and examples, so I'd say looking for more information on what you want to achieve would be a good way to start

Thanks Friend.

And I know more than the standard 'increment a primitive value' java functionality.
I know OOP in java and Till GUI. I only know little of GUI.

I am Expecting More Answers

By The Way thanks for the Reply :)

Tell me More

working with awt and swing is .. well, quite basic stuff.
trying to work around developing code that's supposed to work over a network, you'll need lots more.

RMI, JNDI, Serialization, ...

but, and here comes the kick: propably libraries that are not developed by Sun( or Oracle, to stay up to date ;) ) but that are developed by people just like you, who needed or wanted to do these things, wrote code to help doing so and posted their code or libraries on their (or some java related) websites

Thanks Friend.

I am learning from the Head First Java Book.
I need more Practice questions to Practice. Do you know a web site or a eBook that has Questions?

What I must do to improve my Java Knowledge.

Thanks

I read That Already

You expecting direct suggestion while you are being generic

Thanks Friend.

I am learning from the Head First Java Book.
I need more Practice questions to Practice. Do you know a web site or a eBook that has Questions?

What I must do to improve my Java Knowledge.

Thanks

Anyone can drop a long list of stuff what you should and must read. So lets turn discussion other way around. What did you do so far? GUI/web/mobile development, use of frameworks, what sort of application did you wrote so far?

I was Referring The Head First Java Book.

And Now I am at beginning of its GUI chapter.

That's What I did So far

Thanks

Once you done with that you may want to look on Head First - Servlets & JSP that will give you good start for web development and some basic of database connectivity. However in the mean time nothing is stopping you from creating some applications calculator, CD/DVD/book application, your sport activities manager(what activity you did, when started, how long, what distance etc) and of course it is good participating in forums try to answer questions and while helping others to help your self learn something new

Once you done with that you may want to look on Head First - Servlets & JSP that will give you good start for web development and some basic of database connectivity. However in the mean time nothing is stopping you from creating some applications calculator, CD/DVD/book application, your sport activities manager(what activity you did, when started, how long, what distance etc) and of course it is good participating in forums try to answer questions and while helping others to help your self learn something new

Thanks Friend

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.