Hi, I was just wondering, if I have a list view control, with 2 columns, and insert items to those columns, ex:

LIST VIEW ANIMALS - CARS
Col1 Animals === Col2 Cars
Jaguar ................... XJR
Tiger .................... DB9
Bull ..................... Gallardo

Can I move items from 1 COLUMN to another? Like so: (Moving Gallardo from col2 to Col1)

LIST VIEW ANIMALS - CARS
Col1 Animals === Col2 Cars
Jaguar ................... XJR
Tiger .................... DB9
Bull .....................
Gallardo

That is my question I hope you can give me an answer if this can be achieved trough the listview control from vb.net or other control that you know of. If you post an example in C#, maybe I can create al DLL and put it as a control in my vb.net tools, but I just want to know if this can be done.

If I can achieve this, I will post the results.

Thank you all!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

It's hard to do that because each item is not individual, in your example, Gallardo is by itself a subitem of Bull item. If you need to do that, the best attempt i can think about, is to create 2 listviews placed together with BorderStyle=None so they appear as the same and then handle the Drag and Drop event of each one so you can "exchange" items between both lists.

Hope this helps you to solve your need.

It's hard to do that because each item is not individual, in your example, Gallardo is by itself a subitem of Bull item. If you need to do that, the best attempt ...........................

The thing is, I want to create an Outlook calendar type funcionality, where you have multiple "Columns" and you can pass or play with the items between those columns

Yes, I tought about putting 'n' number of list views all together but if i want to put
lets say, 31 list views, I think will consume a lot of memory, the control is intended to run in old machines (p4, 512MB or 1g RAM, XP)

I have found controls like this Calendar Type Control I want the funcionality, I dont care about the calendar stuff, just want to move the items in a Dynamic way.

Hi,

You can drag and drop items in a Listview.
For more information, look here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.