Hi,

When I view images on my development PC they look fine, but when I view them on other PC's, the images are sized differently and often get cut off. I've tested this on multiple PC's and the images always get cut off.

I've attached the images from my PC and another PC to this post, the image that is cut off if from a Windows XP PC.

I'm using VS 2010 on Windows 7 64-bit.

Any answers or suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Daniel.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

have you checked the screen resolution of the other pcs?

The resolutions are different. Should that affect the images, surely if an image is 200x200, it will display at 200x200 on all PC's?

If I change the resolution on my development PC the images still look ok.

If you are opening the picture in any browser, check for zoom settings.

It's a Win Forms app so the images are displaying on the forms. I've tried putting the image as a background and in a picture box, but neither way made a difference.

Member Avatar for Unhnd_Exception

You should be able to put the image as the background and set the forms BackgroundImageLayout to Stretch or Zoom. The same should work with a picture box when setting is sizemode to stretch or zoom.

If that still doesn't work than you can draw it yourself.

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
    Me.ResizeRedraw = True
    Me.DoubleBuffered = True
End Sub

Private Sub Form1_Paint(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs) Handles Me.Paint
    e.Graphics.DrawImage(My.Resources.Shiva, Me.DisplayRectangle)
End Sub

i can't explain why by when i change the resolution of the pc images appear bigger.

Unhnd_Exception: Works perfectly! Thank you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.