I'm pretty sure its a false positive. My program does create and delete files when using it. Is there a way to stop showing as a false postive?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Just for you? Or for every user? If it's just for you, make an exception in your virus software. If you plan to have others use it too, what files are you creating/deleting? Where are these files saved to?

I haven't scanned it on another computer. SuperAntiSpyware caught my compiled .EXE as a trojan. It Creates/Deletes files from the temp folder and also connects to my database online and tranfers via ftp.

Does it catch it as it's running, or as it's just sitting there or being compiled

When i scanned my system it showed, im not sure if i had an antivirus it will cause problems. Just wondering if its normal for it to show as a trojan given the type of program im building.

Mine sometimes show as a virus when I make copies of it a few times and move them into different folders.
Or if I compile them fairly often. I just added an exception to Norton.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.