Hey there,
i would like to do a rank of the averages, but when i click in the button ranking, it says that global name 'media1' is not defined.

can someone help me please? thanks in

# -*- coding: cp1252 -*-
import wx
class duff(wx.Frame):

def __init__(self,parent,id):
        wx.Frame.__init__(self,parent,wx.ID_ANY,'Duffan Formula', size=(400,370)) #wx.ID_ANY
        self.panel = wx.Panel(self) #self.panel

#self.panel on all
        g=wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1,"________________________________________________________",pos=(10,65))
        z=wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1,"Welcome to Duffan Formula!!",pos=(10,10))
        r=wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1,"Here you can discover the score of any girl you are looking for.",pos=(10,30))
        q=wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1,"Use it, with Knowledge!",pos=(10,50))
        a=wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1,"What`s her name?",pos=(10,110))
        b=wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1,"What`s her beauty score?",pos=(10,150))
        c=wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1,"What`s her body score?",pos=(10,190))
        average=wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1,"Average 1: ", pos=(15,250)).SetForegroundColour('blue')
        averagetwo=wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1,"Average 2: ", pos=(15,270)).SetForegroundColour('blue')
        averagethree=wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1,"Average 3: ", pos=(15,290)).SetForegroundColour('blue')

self.one=wx.TextCtrl(self.panel,-1,'Enter name',pos=(110,108),size=(80,20))
        self.two=wx.SpinCtrl(self.panel,-1,'1',pos=(150,148),size=(60,20),min=0,max=100)
        self.three=wx.SpinCtrl(self.panel,-1,'1',pos=(130,188),size=(60,20),min=0,max=100)
        wx.StaticBox(self.panel,-1,'Personal Info', (5,90),size=(250,230))

girlone=wx.Button(self.panel,label="Girl 1",pos=(10,220),size=(60,20))
        girlone.Bind(wx.EVT_BUTTON,self.clickbutton1)

girltwo=wx.Button(self.panel,label="Girl 2",pos=(80,220),size=(60,20))
        girltwo.Bind(wx.EVT_BUTTON,self.clickbutton2)

girlthree=wx.Button(self.panel,label="Girl 3",pos=(150,220),size=(60,20))
        girlthree.Bind(wx.EVT_BUTTON,self.clickbutton3)

rank = wx.Button(self.panel, label="Ranking:", pos=(280, 80),size=(60,30))
        rank.Bind(wx.EVT_BUTTON, self.clickrank)

self.Centre()
        self.Show(True)

def clickbutton1(self,event):
        name1=self.one.GetValue()
        r1=self.two.GetValue()
        c1=self.three.GetValue()
        media1 = (r1*3 +c1*2)/5
        wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1, str(media1) ,pos=(80,250)).SetForegroundColour('blue') #str(media)

def clickbutton2(self,event):
        name2=self.one.GetValue()
        r2=self.two.GetValue()
        c2=self.three.GetValue()
        media2 = (r2*3 +c2*2)/5
        wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1, str(media2) ,pos=(80,270)).SetForegroundColour('blue') #str(media)

def clickbutton3(self,event):
        name3=self.one.GetValue()
        r3=self.two.GetValue()
        c3=self.three.GetValue()
        media3 = (r3*3 +c3*2)/5
        wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1, str(media3) ,pos=(80,290)).SetForegroundColour('blue') #str(media)        

def clickrank(self,event):
        wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1, "1º:" ,pos=(260,120)).SetForegroundColour('blue') #str(media)
        wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1, "2º:" ,pos=(260,140)).SetForegroundColour('blue') #str(media)
        wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1, "3º:" ,pos=(260,160)).SetForegroundColour('blue') #str(media)

if media1>media2>media3:
            wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1, "guy" ,pos=(260,160)).SetForegroundColour('blue') #str(media)
            wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1, "hyi" ,pos=(260,160)).SetForegroundColour('blue') #str(media)
            wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1, "ytg" ,pos=(260,160)).SetForegroundColour('blue') #str(media)

if __name__=='__main__':
    app=wx.PySimpleApp()
    frame=duff(parent=None,id=-1)
    frame.Show()
    app.MainLoop()
Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by duffsil

You have much dublication of code, which makes your code difficult to maintain. Please refactor.

Your choice of user interface is also not to my liking, I would prefer interface with add and modify buttons and grid in ranking order for any number of girls with their own names instead of Average 1 or Girl 1.

Use sequence types like list or tuple or objects instead of individual variables. I do not know wx enough to suggest appropriate grid to you.

You must store the averages somewhere in the instance

# -*- coding: cp1252 -*-
import wx
from functools import partial

class duff(wx.Frame):

def __init__(self,parent,id):
        wx.Frame.__init__(self,parent,wx.ID_ANY,'Duffan Formula', size=(400,370)) #wx.ID_ANY
        self.panel = wx.Panel(self) #self.panel

#self.panel on all
        g=wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1,"________________________________________________________",pos=(10,65))
        z=wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1,"Welcome to Duffan Formula!!",pos=(10,10))
        r=wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1,"Here you can discover the score of any girl you are looking for.",pos=(10,30))
        q=wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1,"Use it, with Knowledge!",pos=(10,50))
        a=wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1,"What`s her name?",pos=(10,110))
        b=wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1,"What`s her beauty score?",pos=(10,150))
        c=wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1,"What`s her body score?",pos=(10,190))
        average=wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1,"Average 1: ", pos=(15,250)).SetForegroundColour('blue')
        averagetwo=wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1,"Average 2: ", pos=(15,270)).SetForegroundColour('blue')
        averagethree=wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1,"Average 3: ", pos=(15,290)).SetForegroundColour('blue')

self.one=wx.TextCtrl(self.panel,-1,'Enter name',pos=(110,108),size=(80,20))
        self.two=wx.SpinCtrl(self.panel,-1,'1',pos=(150,148),size=(60,20),min=0,max=100)
        self.three=wx.SpinCtrl(self.panel,-1,'1',pos=(130,188),size=(60,20),min=0,max=100)
        wx.StaticBox(self.panel,-1,'Personal Info', (5,90),size=(250,230))

for i in range(3):
            girl=wx.Button(self.panel,label="Girl %d" % (i+1),pos=(10+70*i,220),size=(60,20))
            girl.Bind(wx.EVT_BUTTON,partial(self.clickbutton, index=i))

rank = wx.Button(self.panel, label="Ranking:", pos=(280, 80),size=(60,30))
        rank.Bind(wx.EVT_BUTTON, self.clickrank)

self.media = [0,0,0] # store the girls scores
        self.Centre()
        self.Show(True)

def clickbutton(self,event, index=0):
        name, r, c = [x.GetValue() for x in self.one, self.two, self.three]
        media = self.media[index] = (r*3 +c*2)/5
        wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1, str(media),
            pos=(90,250+20*index)).SetForegroundColour('blue') #str(media)

def clickrank(self,event):
        wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1, "1º:" ,pos=(260,120)).SetForegroundColour('blue') #str(media)
        wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1, "2º:" ,pos=(260,140)).SetForegroundColour('blue') #str(media)
        wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1, "3º:" ,pos=(260,160)).SetForegroundColour('blue') #str(media)
        m1, m2, m3 = self.media
        if m1 > m2 > m3:
            wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1, "guy" ,pos=(280,120)).SetForegroundColour('blue') #str(media)
            wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1, "hyi" ,pos=(280,140)).SetForegroundColour('blue') #str(media)
            wx.StaticText(self.panel,-1, "ytg" ,pos=(280,160)).SetForegroundColour('blue') #str(media)

if __name__=='__main__':
    app=wx.PySimpleApp()
    frame=duff(parent=None,id=-1)
    frame.Show()
    app.MainLoop()

thank you but now i wanna put the names into the rank. how do i do that?

>>> from collections import namedtuple
>>> Girl = namedtuple(Girl, 'name beauty body')
>>> girls = (Girl('Jill', 20, 40), Girl('Joy', 10, 50), Girl('Jane', 50, 10))
>>> print girls
(Girl(name='Jill', beauty=20, body=40), Girl(name='Joy', beauty=10, body=50), Girl(name='Jane', beauty=50, body=10))
>>> def score(g):
	return (g.beauty * 3 + g.body * 2) / 5
>>> for girl in girls: print girl.name, score(girl)

Jill 28
Joy 26
Jane 34
>>> print sorted(girls, key=score, reverse=True)
[Girl(name='Jane', beauty=50, body=10), Girl(name='Jill', beauty=20, body=40), Girl(name='Joy', beauty=10, body=50)]

Edited by pyTony: n/a

Sorry the definition of Girl as namedtuple should have been:

>>> Girl = namedtuple('Girl', 'name beauty body')

at second line. And the code is interactive prompt log on sorting the girls by ranking function score.

still dont understand. can you please send all of the codes together so that i can understand it better. thanks in advance

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.