I want to make a text editor in c or c++ with features like bold,italic,underline,save as ,save,open,font size,font colour, font type,alingment(left,right,mid),cut,copy,paste..........
Plz i need the code if any one can help me plzzzzzzzzzz,,,,,,,,,,,

sergent commented: plzzzzzzzzzz,,,,,,,,,,, learn to spell -1

Recommended Answers

All 23 Replies

So you want to make a text editor, but you don't want to actually do the work?

commented: You said it well +13

no its not like this actully i am at the bignerr levl and have just strted to study c and my teacher has given me the project and now i dont know what to dooo plz help me if u can if u dont want to give me the code plz help me to study n work on c i dont know much about it :(

So you want to make a text editor, but you don't want to actually do the work?

no its not like that actually i am just at the start to study c or c++ . since does not know much about that .no problem if you do not want to give me the code i will request you to help me make that and help me in studying c and working on turbo c.

The program you want to write is not for beginning students -- hell even professionals will have issues with it. If you are writing for MS-Windows you will need lots and lots of knowledge and experience with win32 api graphic functions. Study win32 api and write lots of programs for about a year and you might be ready to write that program.

Writing a text editor would be fairly simple in other languages, such as CLR/C++, C# or VB.NET, but not in C or C++.

A command line text editor is vastly simpler, and a good exercise for an intermediate beginner. It continues to be a good exercise as you grow because there are numerous considerations and possibilities when it comes to making the editor faster. But doing a full blown GUI editor with rich text formatting options as a beginner is ridiculous. I suspect our OP has misunderstood the assignment.

so can you guys help me in the matter:(

an its OK if we don't use much graphics

please please help me i have to submit this on first of September.:confused:

so can you guys help me in the matter:(

an its OK if we don't use much graphics

please please help me i have to submit this on first of September.:confused:

Post your assignment. Either you are not a beginner or you have misunderstood the assignment. If you are a beginner and that is assignment your teacher gave you then either he/she is insane or he/she wants to catch people who cheat!

Post your assignment. Either you are not a beginner or you have misunderstood the assignment. If you are a beginner and that is assignment your teacher gave you then either he/she is insane or he/she wants to catch people who cheat!

she wants us to learn c our selves and this is my assignment i know some detail of functions and how to make them but do not know any thing about pointers and graphics.:S:(

You don't need to know anything about graphics if you write a command-line editor as Narue suggested. An example is Edlin text editor written by Microsoft. Study that link and you will get an idea how it works. I don't know if you can download it or not anymore.

You don't need to know anything about graphics if you write a command-line editor as Narue suggested. An example is Edlin text editor written by Microsoft. Study that link and you will get an idea how it works. I don't know if you can download it or not anymore.

thanks

i have tried to study that but i can not understand a word of it .so, please can any one of you help me to understand that what is that all please.

If you are not at that level yet, start simple.

-Can you have the user enter a line of text? If not, find out how via Google.
-If the user makes a mistake, can you have them show where in the line the change needs to happen? Example, change all of the letter 'e' characters to a letter 'a'. If you don't know how to do this, find out how via Google.
-Can you save that line out to a file? Can you read it back in from a file? If not, find tutorials on how to do that.

No one started out writing Emacs or Vi/Vim all in one sitting. Those are two examples of editors that are open source (but probably to big for you to emulate), but there are countless others.

If you are not at that level yet, start simple.

-Can you have the user enter a line of text? If not, find out how via Google.
-If the user makes a mistake, can you have them show where in the line the change needs to happen? Example, change all of the letter 'e' characters to a letter 'a'. If you don't know how to do this, find out how via Google.
-Can you save that line out to a file? Can you read it back in from a file? If not, find tutorials on how to do that.

No one started out writing Emacs or Vi/Vim all in one sitting. Those are two examples of editors that are open source (but probably to big for you to emulate), but there are countless others.

thank you and i can take input many lines with help of string but do not know how to save it or tell the user that he/she has written something wrong .i have searched Google many times but now i will search it with more patience .thanks for giving me advice :S:(:confused:

http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/files/ is a nice, straightforward tutorial on files. The only downside is it doesn't go very deep, but once you've completed it, you will have some good search terms for Google.

http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/files/ is a nice, straightforward tutorial on files. The only downside is it doesn't go very deep, but once you've completed it, you will have some good search terms for Google.

thanks but what to do with this hell assignment:@

thanks but what to do with this hell assignment:@

what do you want to edit?

thanks but what to do with this hell assignment

Go to google, find OpenOffice, get the source code, and send it to your teacher xD

Go to google, find OpenOffice, get the source code, and send it to your teacher xD

LOL, and get an F. To OP: seems like you have already been given lots of advice so the next step is up to you. Start designing the program and code its features one at a time, and a little bit at a time.

:)

Here you go YAMNA MIDHAT! I hope you one day get a job at Microsoft.

#include <textedit.h>
#include <fonts.h>
#include <richedit.h>
#include <intrface.h>

int main(void) {
    TextEdit TextEditor; 
    TextEditor.Init();
    TextEditor.Default.SetFont("Arial");
    TextEditor.Default.Color = TD_BLACK;
    TextEditor.Launch();
    while (Globals.Interface.ProcessMessages())
        TextEditor.ProcessEvents();
    return 0;
}

Here you go YAMNA MIDHAT! I hope you one day get a job at Microsoft.

#include <textedit.h>
#include <fonts.h>
#include <richedit.h>
#include <intrface.h>

int main(void) {
    TextEdit TextEditor; 
    TextEditor.Init();
    TextEditor.Default.SetFont("Arial");
    TextEditor.Default.Color = TD_BLACK;
    TextEditor.Launch();
    while (Globals.Interface.ProcessMessages())
        TextEditor.ProcessEvents();
    return 0;
}

what is this i can not even understand a word of it:sad:

what is this i can not even understand a word of it:sad:

It's a joke.

It's a joke.

thanks for i telling i was really very serious about that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.