I have created setup file of my program & it shows error when I install it there in another pc which doesnt have visual studio. Even I have tried to install it there in another pc which has visual studio & it worked well. I am confused. I am use Vb.net 2008 and ur .net frame work will be 3.5 .It shows following error message :

WindowsApplication1
WindowsApplication1 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

It has what data does this error report contain link. From this link I have collected following information.

Error signature

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : windowsapplication1.exe P2 : 1.0.0.0
P3 : 4ca21bfa P4 : system.windows.forms P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 471ebf68
P7 : 3dad P8: 97 P9 : systemio.filenotfoundexception

Reporting details :

This error report includes : information regarding the condition of WindowsApplication1 when the problem occurred the operating system version and computer hardware is use; your Digital Product ID, which could be used to identify your license; and the Internet Protocol(IP) anddress of your computer.

We do not intentionally collect your files, name, address, e-mail address or any other form of personally identifiable information. However the error report could contain customer-specific information such as data from open files. While the information could potentially be used to determine your identity, if present, it will not be used.

The data that we collect will only be used to fix the problem. If more information is available, we will tell you when you report the problem. This error will be sent using a secure connection to a database with limited access and will not be used for marketing purposes.

Please Help me

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Does the other computer have the .Net framework installed (rather than Visual Studio)?
It says file not found. You know your code, what file could it be looking for and not finding?

Yes Another Coputer .net framework 3.5 Already Installed

It might be one of your reference assemblies that is missing. Check the references in your project and if possible try to mark "Copy Local" to true.

How can add to project dependencies.that is msflxgrd.ocx.

You add the the file in the setup project and specify that the ocx must be registered (from the file properties).

Thankyou

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.