So I made my form transparent by changing the transparent key to dimgray, change background color to dimgray. I also changed the picture box's BG color to dimgray everything was fine except that the drop shadow on the picture I did was just a grey blob. Here is a screen shot of it.

Is there anyway to make the drop shadow look like its a drop shadow?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Sadly, no. I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of when trying to create transparent splash screens and nothing has worked.

I am sure there is a way to do it but I have not stumbled upon it yet.

I believe you can do it by clearing the Form.text (Form caption), setting the form's controlbox to false and the formborderstyle to none.

This will remove the title bar and the border.

There is a property that allows you to do not use borders. I don't remember exactly where, but is in the main window properties. Just take a look.

There is a property that allows you to do not use borders. I don't remember exactly where, but is in the main window properties. Just take a look.

This property would be FormBorderStyle and it eliminates borders when set to none. I believe with the borders you also take away the window resizing capability from the user.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.