Hi,

I am looking for some advice here.I have basic knowledge of C++ and regularly write programs in it.I haven't tried anything related to networking in it.I want to start now and I'm clueless about the possibilities.I am novice in knowledge of networks and people have recommended many books but I am able to actually see any options in networking.What are the ways I can mix programming knowledge and networking ? What are the books that will help me in this?

Prasanna.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

When you say you have basic knowledge how basic do you mean?
whats the most difficult concept you understand?
classes, structures, arrays?

Hi,

I am looking for some advice here.I have basic knowledge of C++ and regularly write programs in it.I haven't tried anything related to networking in it.I want to start now and I'm clueless about the possibilities.I am novice in knowledge of networks and people have recommended many books but I am able to actually see any options in networking.What are the ways I can mix programming knowledge and networking ? What are the books that will help me in this?

Prasanna.

I think the best way would be using third party library to avoid problem of coding for multiple platform issues. these are few libraries I can think of that support networking:

1. POCO Library
2. Boost Library
3. wxWidgets (+GUI elements)
4. QT (+GUI elements)
5. GTK+/GTKmm (+GUI elements)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.