Hi all,

Does anyone know how to convert raster images(bmp) to vector images using C#?. My task is to convert raster images(bmp) to list of vectors using C#. I surfed in the net, got many open source tools which does the job, but my constraint is not to use any of those in my project.

can anyone help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Simple approach is - compute limited color set, for any single color find set of areas large enough to be processed. For more inspiration put ASCIIART into search engine.

Simple approach is - compute limited color set, for any single color find set of areas large enough to be processed. For more inspiration put ASCIIART into search engine.

Is there any other way of converting to vector. Tried with 800x600 image using ASCII ART that seems to be huge ASCII strings are been loaded on to the screen.

Thanks

Meaning of the ASCII art is to make ASCII file which looks like a raster image from distance. My note was related to the core principle - detect an area (polygon) and then fill it with color.

There are many ways how to convert raster into vector, if you are not satisfied with the simple one, use bing, google etc. and find something more suitable for you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.