hello I'm NOT new to vb.net but i have never used a UserControl in the following manner:
In need to make a UserControll that can be put in a list of them depending on how many the user chooses and then if there are more than 4 to have a Vscrollbar to scroll through them.

this would help a lot

thanks in advanced!

P.S i have never EVER used a Vscrollbar

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for Unhnd_Exception

I would never EVER use a Vscrollbar.

The a vertical scrollbar can easily be accomplished with a panel.

Add the controls to a FlowLayoutPanel and set the FlowlayoutPanel's FlowDirection to TopDown and set its Wrap mode to false and and set its AutoScroll to true.

or

Add the controls to a panel and set the controls.Dock = Top and set the panel's autoscroll = true.

When using the flowlayout panel you will need to make sure the controls are <= to the flowlayoutpanel's client width or you will get a horizontal scrollbar as well.

I would never EVER use a Vscrollbar.

The a vertical scrollbar can easily be accomplished with a panel.

Add the controls to a FlowLayoutPanel and set the FlowlayoutPanel's FlowDirection to TopDown and set its Wrap mode to false and and set its AutoScroll to true.

or

Add the controls to a panel and set the controls.Dock = Top and set the panel's autoscroll = true.

When using the flowlayout panel you will need to make sure the controls are <= to the flowlayoutpanel's client width or you will get a horizontal scrollbar as well.

umm... I don't get it BUT I'm I'm shure if I resurch what you said il figure it out. thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.