Hello,

I have made a store inventory system in console in C++.

I would like to know how can i convert it into full fledged graphical user interface.

Any article,book,tutorial,video would be very helpful

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

You can do this by following ways:-
1) Creating GUI in C++
2) Create GUI in some other language(Visual C++,VB) and call your C++ method from that code.

For the 1) one you can search google "graphics in c++". and for 2) You need to understand IPC concepts again google help you.

Hello,

yes i think i need the second method

using library component in visual studio to create GUI and integrate my C++ code in it.

and what does IPC stands for ?

Sorry if my questions sound stupid but i am complete noob.

Thanks.

IPC for inter process communication. In that you can have two process one for GUI and another for backed processing.
and both process can communicate with IPC technique.

As Usual I suggest wxWidgets and the wxBook is a good place to start

Thanks for the links its a gold mine.

But i was thinking more along the lines of visual studio.

I have searched but still haven't been able to find a Beginners book on visual studio.

IPC for inter process communication. In that you can have two process one for GUI and another for backed processing.
and both process can communicate with IPC technique.

Hello,

Well i have searched internet for beginners visual studio book for starting with GUI.

But wherever i go they point me towards some super big project level book with parallel computing.lol

Plz tell me some good absolute beginners book on using visual studio library components to generate GUIs.

Thank you.

You can check for MSDN documents. That is the best tutorials for VS

You can check for MSDN documents. That is the best tutorials for VS

Hello,

I have found a bunch of windows forms books and will also be using the msdn tutorials.

Thank you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.