paul1145 0 Newbie Poster

When I use the Build option in VS2010 to create .exe files, I am able to move them from computer to computer without incident. These apps are generally mundane, small and of the utility variety. Last week, I added the Windows Media Player control to a form, with appropriate logic to select a music folder. The app works fine in debug mode (prebuild) then I do a Build. The exe file will execute if I run it from the default location (\bin\debug\app.exe) but if I remove it to run it from my desktop or another computer, the message “app had stopped working” appears immediately. The built .exe file apparently hasn’t incorporated the appropriate dlls for WMP although they appear in the app\bin\debug folder along with the app.exe file. I am new to VS10 so any help would be greatly appreciated. These are created using Windows 7 Home. If this is the wrong forum, I apologize ahead of time.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.