hi,

i was wondering if someone can help me. i am trying trying to convert a string containing aA into a bigInteger Value. i've read about it but have no idea how to implement it in java.

thanks in advanced,

K

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

hi,

i was wondering if someone can help me. i am trying trying to convert a string containing aA into a bigInteger Value. i've read about it but have no idea how to implement it in java.

thanks in advanced,

K

This makes no sense. Care to elaborate?

thanks for replying,

i need it for RSA and to produce really large integer values, do you know ow to change it into a regular integer and i can start from there

thanks

k

Member Avatar for iamthwee

thanks for replying,

i need it for RSA and to produce really large integer values, do you know ow to change it into a regular integer and i can start from there

thanks

k

You'll need to write you own library to handle big ints- or possibly check out the java api to see if one already exists.

If you look here,
http://world.std.com/~reinhold/BigNumCalc.html

there is some java source code near the bottom. It may or maynot be of use to you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.