Hi,

I am new in this C# language i haven't tried yet writing program on C#,so in connection on this i want to learn how to use C#,but before i will start what editor should i use on this C#...please help me.

I appreciate more help.Thank you in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Visual Studio would be the first editor I would suggest for C# development.
Here is Visual Studio Express for C#

Hi thank you for the reply, okay i will try this.Is this also you are using in developing c#?

You could use any texteditor like Word or WordPad.
But I think most people use Visual Studio. I do. :)

Hi
Try #Develop
It is a free IDE for C#, VB.NET, C++, RUBY and IronPython projects on Microsoft's .NET platform. It is open-source, and you can download both sourcecode and executables from this site. In addition, you can find the latest information and changes on #develop, as well as get in touch with the team in the forum.

Yes, I use Visual Studio.

I use visual c# express 2010 edition and its free IDE which you can download at microoft website. but if you want to have a really lightweight editor, I use notepad++, its just a text editor with advance features and supports other programming and scripting languages.

hope this helps!

Yes, I use Visual Studio.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply,i used now visual studio.but i have some question on this

1. is visual studio can be use in development of VB.NET?
  2. how to start visual studio new project in C# and how can i save and compile my code.

Thank you in advance.

You could use any texteditor like Word or WordPad.
But I think most people use Visual Studio. I do. :)

Hi, yes i am using now visual studio.

Visual Studio (Express, Professional, Ultimate) 2010
#Develop
Notepad++
Microsoft Word
Wordpad
Notepad
Sticky Notes

Any application with an open text field will work, you just have to find a compiler witch is why most people just use Visual Studio or #Develop.

Visual Studio (Express, Professional, Ultimate) 2010
#Develop
Notepad++
Microsoft Word
Wordpad
Notepad
Sticky Notes

Any application with an open text field will work, you just have to find a compiler witch is why most people just use Visual Studio or #Develop.

Hi,

Thank you for this, i have last question on this,is visual studio is also used in VB.NET
program?

Thank you in advance.

Hi thines01,

I have question if i already installed the visual studio in my computer,and then i would also do some visual basic.net program do i need to install the visual basic.net express?

Thank you in advance.

If you have Visual Studio Standard or above, you will not need the Express (for VB).
(Standard was available with the 2008 version and earlier).

If you have the VS Express for C#, you WILL need the VS Express for VB.

commented: For continuing efforts! +14

If you have Visual Studio Standard or above, you will not need the Express (for VB).
(Standard was available with the 2008 version and earlier).

If you have the VS Express for C#, you WILL need the VS Express for VB.

Hi thank you for your help,...and to the others who share also and help me.more power to you guys.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.