Hey

I have a folder in my current working path and I want to make a copy of a file inside it to the the current working path. Its kind of a dumb question, I know, but how do it do it?

Thank you.

Java 6 only.

The thing is I cant get the directoy where it saves it which is

"C:\Archivos de programa\MyEclipse for Spring\Common\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.tomcat.myeclipse_9.0.0.me201109141806\tomcat\bin"

It is driving me nuts.

If Im located there, how would I go up a directory (To "C:\Archivos de programa\MyEclipse for Spring\Common\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.tomcat.myeclipse_9.0.0.me201109141806\tomcat" ) ?

If Im located there, how would I go up a directory (To "C:\Archivos de programa\MyEclipse for Spring\Common\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.tomcat.myeclipse_9.0.0.me201109141806\tomcat" ) ?

You could feed the path into [regexp (.+)/.+] to take off the last folder in the path.
[edit] and here's a way to copy in java 6:http://www.roseindia.net/java/beginners/CopyFile.shtml

Edited 4 Years Ago by DavidKroukamp: n/a

You could feed the path into [regexp (.+)/.+] to take off the last folder in the path.

How do I do that? Dont understand that exactly....

What is regexp?

Ah, regular expresions......OK.......

But what line exactly would I use? Not too sure...

Ah, regular expresions......OK.......

But what line exactly would I use? Not too sure...

what do you mean what line?

You could also just use a lastIndexOf("\\"), which will get the the position of the last '\' and then you just replace it so then you;d have:C:\Archivos de programa\MyEclipse for Spring\Common\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.tomcat.myeclipse_9.0.0.me201109141806

what do you mean what line?

You could also just use a lastIndexOf("\\"), which will get the the position of the last '\' and then you just replace it so then you;d have:C:\Archivos de programa\MyEclipse for Spring\Common\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.tomcat.myeclipse_9.0.0.me201109141806

What instruction line do I use?

Yeah, used lastindex as a alternative I suppose but after finding the path, I cant get it to copy. It says that it cant find the path when the path is perfectly correct as I print it out before I do it and when the exception jumps, the path is exactly the same.....

What could be wrong? Man this is killing me :(

What instruction line do I use?

Yeah, used lastindex as a alternative I suppose but after finding the path, I cant get it to copy. It says that it cant find the path when the path is perfectly correct as I print it out before I do it and when the exception jumps, the path is exactly the same.....

What could be wrong? Man this is killing me :(

well it would help posting your code, and the error message and line number and the output of your new path you are trying...

Edited 4 Years Ago by DavidKroukamp: n/a

well it would help posting your code, and the error message and line number and the output of your new path you are trying...

Its a lot of code and kind of complicated but I think it is around here:

String ruta= System.getProperty("user.dir")+ "\\";													//ruta=ruta+ "\\";																						System.out.println("La ruta es: " + ruta);											System.out.println("Voy a crear un zip " + System.getProperty("user.dir") + " " + binpath + " " + projectpath + " " + realprojectpath );										Crear_Zip z=new Crear_Zip();											String[] trozos=nombreprograma.split("_");												String nombrebmp=trozos[0]+"_"+trozos[1]+"_"+trozos[2];										System.out.println("El string del BMP es: " + nombrebmp);											//FileUtils.copyFile(new File(nombreprograma+"\\"+nombrebmp+".bmp"), new File(nombrebmp+".bmp"));																																	System.out.println("Voy a copiar desde: " + ruta+nombreprograma+"\\"+nombrebmp+".bmp");											System.out.println("Voy a copiar ha: " + nombrebmp+".bmp");																																	//String desde=ruta+nombreprograma+"\\"+nombrebmp+".bmp";																					String nuevodesde=realprojectpath+nombreprograma+"/"+nombrebmp+".bmp";																			System.out.println("nuevo: " + nuevodesde);																				FileUtils.copyFile(new File(nuevodesde), new File(nombrebmp+".bmp"));

And there is the output:

La ruta es: C:\Archivos de programa\MyEclipse for Spring\Common\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.tomcat.myeclipse_9.0.0.me201109141806\tomcat\bin\
Voy a crear un zip C:\Archivos de programa\MyEclipse for Spring\Common\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.tomcat.myeclipse_9.0.0.me201109141806\tomcat\bin file:/C:/Archivos de programa/MyEclipse for Spring/Common/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.tomcat.myeclipse_9.0.0.me201109141806/tomcat/lib file:/C:/Archivos de programa/MyEclipse for Spring/Common/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.tomcat.myeclipse_9.0.0.me201109141806/tomcat/ C:/Archivos de programa/MyEclipse for Spring/Common/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.tomcat.myeclipse_9.0.0.me201109141806/tomcat/
El string del BMP es: 234_99_165544300
Voy a copiar desde: C:\Archivos de programa\MyEclipse for Spring\Common\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.tomcat.myeclipse_9.0.0.me201109141806\tomcat\bin\234_99_165544300_1\234_99_165544300.bmp
Voy a copiar ha: 234_99_165544300.bmp
nuevo: C:/Archivos de programa/MyEclipse for Spring/Common/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.tomcat.myeclipse_9.0.0.me201109141806/tomcat/234_99_165544300_1/234_99_165544300.bmp
Ha fallado: Rollback time!
2012-02-16 JUE 16:55:44.300 : Ha ocurrido un error generico: Source 'C:\Archivos de programa\MyEclipse for Spring\Common\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.tomcat.myeclipse_9.0.0.me201109141806\tomcat\234_99_165544300_1\234_99_165544300.bmp' does not exist

You don't need all that manual "last index" parsing pain.
Just create a File object to the original dir then use getParent() to give you the parent (one-up) dir.
eg

File f = new File("c:/abc/def/ghi/jk");
      System.out.println(f.getParent());

prints

c:\abc\def\ghi

FINALLY......what I did is that I unzipped the file that I originally created by searching for that BMP inside the ZIP file. That creates it back to where I need and i creates the PDF perfectly.

Ive been about a week with this so finally.....

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.