Hello,

This isn't the typical "I wrote a heap sort that doesn't work, help me please" thread, instead, I'm one step before that. I'd really like to understand the innards of a heap sort before I attempt to write one. I'd like to give it a go from scratch, or from some basic pseudo code before resorting to dissecting an already written heap sort algorithm. Any information you could give to gently clear up the mystery here would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

WigglesMcMuffin

Hello,

This isn't the typical "I wrote a heap sort that doesn't work, help me please" thread, instead, I'm one step before that. I'd really like to understand the innards of a heap sort before I attempt to write one. I'd like to give it a go from scratch, or from some basic pseudo code before resorting to dissecting an already written heap sort algorithm. Any information you could give to gently clear up the mystery here would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

WigglesMcMuffin

Check this list of sites:Wikipedia-Heapsort , Heap Sort in Java , Heapsort java class , Heap Sort in Java , Heapsort multiple languages

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.