i have a doubt

i have created a application in which i have used a VLC (Video LAN player) and i have given in the property in the option MRL i gave the video address which should be played, when i executed then the video was playing

and when i published the application and installed in other machine it was not playing please help me in order to play the video

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

well once i made my youtube player , for that i used shockwave players .but when i tried to play video at another computer then it was not working , then i installed a shockwave player in that pc and my application run successfully . i have no idea that what component you have to install in others pc . may be a vlc player. just an idea

Regards

you can add the player as Prerequiste to your application, So that when application being installed in client machine it will look for the player if does not exist install the player. Same as installing the framework.

you can add the player as Prerequiste to your application, So that when application being installed in client machine it will look for the player if does not exist install the player. Same as installing the framework.

see i have added a VLC plugin from comp
than i added address in the option MRL when i executed it was working but when i published the application then i installed in some other machine it's not working

in other machine VLC player is also their

please guide me

Can you try playing your video or audio manually inc lient machine with VLC ? How ur refering to ur audio/Vedio file in application? What is the error message in user system?

Can you try playing your video or audio manually inc lient machine with VLC ? How ur refering to ur audio/Vedio file in application? What is the error message in user system?

i 'll explain you in details

i have a form1 in which i added a VLC plugin in the propertice of VLC plugin in the option MRL i added the video address like "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.IBM\Desktop\DELTA.VOB"

but when i publish this application and play in the same system it will play if i install in different system it won't play

please how to do help me

i think you have to include dll files in your project , not only reference of those files.

Regards

i think you have to include dll files in your project , not only reference of those files.

Regards

how to reference those files please explain me as you knew i am new to C# please

well i think what you done is you select your VLC component by right click --->choose item --- com component , and then you select your required com components , ? if yes then go back to your com component menu you will find 2nd column name path in your com component window , you select you required component and get path you will find a file having extention .dll , search that file and add it in you project , then compile it and again make a setup , hope it will work fine :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.