I'm trying to help someone with homework.. So you do not have to give me direct answers if you don't want to.. it is not my homework.

class Types
{
   //No default constructor..
   Types(int Param1, int Param2);
};

class Objects
{
   public:
   Types* Original;

Objects();
   ~Objects();
};

//The problem is here!

Objects::Objects()
{
   Original = new Types[100];   //I cannot do this.. I know that.. then what am I supposed to do?
}

Objects::~Objects()
{
  delete [] Original;
}

int main()
{
   Objects X;   //This is supposed to be dynamic.. I am not told how much records from a file it is supposed to hold.. so I though Fseek and tell would help me declare a size?

//Do I even need to do Root = new Types[100] or do I just do that for Objects X = new Objects[100];?
}

No.. I first used that.. then the guy I was helping, I told him how to use vectors/lists.. Apparently, they aren't allowed to use vectors either lol -_-

That's the sample the teacher gave them.. I found it odd that the size of the Objects X isn't told :S

Edited 4 Years Ago by triumphost: n/a

Is the data in the file binary or lines of text?

Well For every line it represents one Record which is Why I thought of using Fseek or whatever to count the lines and then make an array of that size..

I have to be able to do:

int main()
{
   Objects X;
   X.pushback(...);   //basically add info to the object.
}

If you can't use STL, then you could make Objects a link list class.

All of those suggestions tried already.. I cannot remove anything from the code posted above.. only allowed to add onto it.. I have no clue why just following instructions from the person I'm trying to help but failing miserably.

I solved it myself.. I did a lot of research and wrote linked lists and taught them linked lists.. Thanks for trying everyone who viewed/responded.

Edit: Never saw linked lists was suggested.. Thanks +1

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.