Hi guys, im pretty much done with my program but im receivin an error that i cant find where it its.
Im using a WPF application in visual studio and it uses a service reference that contains addresses and zip codes. The purpose of the program is for the user to select numbers in the GUI and search for a city with the Zip code he inputs. First, im just trying to test the function by setting the parameters myself. This is the code.

`Class MainWindow

Public zipClient As ZipCodeReference.AddressLookupSoapClient

Private Sub btnSearch_Click(sender As System.Object, e As System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) Handles btnSearch.Click
    Dim searchResults As zipCodeSearch.ZipCodeReference.Address
    searchResults = zipClient.ReturnCityState("33919", "0")
    MessageBox.Show(searchResults.AreaCode)

End Sub
End Class

the zipClient.ReturnCityState function mas include zipcode as string and license as string/ License should be 0.

When i test it. It only gets to that line the searchResults = zipClient.ReturnCityState("33919", "0") and stops and give me this error : "NullReferenceException was unhandled.Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I will really appreciate your help. Thanks

wanted to add that since this is a swervice reference, the functions i believe are already created. This is that it says fot the returnCityState

Function ReturnCityState(zipcode As String, LicenseKey As String) As zipCodeSearch.ZipCodeReference.Address
Member of zipCodeSearch.ZipCodeReference.AddressLookupSoap

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.