i going to make socket application in c# i dont know more about socket but i have tried but fail .
now i want know some more information plz share with me.
1)my server is located in other city .
2)what type of socket i need TCP or UDP ?
3)what ip i need to use public or any other ?
4)what is port i can use aor how to configure port ?
5) and any more whatever need to do this . plz its v important for me .

i going to make socket application in c# i dont know more about socket but i have tried but fail .

Please post the code you have tried so far; this will help us identify what your problem is.

1)my server is located in other city .

That's fine, as long as the server is connected to the Internet.

2)what type of socket i need TCP or UDP ?

That depends on what the server is listening for. What software is the server running that you want to connect to?

3)what ip i need to use public or any other ?

If you don't care, you can just connect your socket; the .NET runtime library will pick a local endpoint for you. If you want to use a specific endpoint, look at Socket.Bind.

4)what is port i can use aor how to configure port ?

Socket.Bind again. If you don't call it, it will just pick a port for you on the client end. If you want to use a specific local IP but don't care about the port, specify port 0.

5) and any more whatever need to do this . plz its v important for me .

I recommend Beej's Guide to Network Programming for information on how sockets work.

Read about System.Net.Sockets.Socket for language/platform specifics.

socket = new Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp);
            socket.Bind(new IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Parse("192.168.0.102"), 5551));
            socket.Listen(100);
            Socket acepted = socket.Accept();
 Clint:
 socket = new Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp);
                IPEndPoint localendpoint = new IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Parse("192.168.0.102"), 5551);

try
                {
                    socket.Connect(localendpoint);

}
                catch(Exception ex)
                {
                    Console.Write(ex.ToString());
                    List<string> error = new List<string>();
                    error.Add(ex.ToString());
                    Main(args);
                }

server conected with other router . my clint applicaiton not able to find server i dont know why ?

i have tried but fail .

So tell us, what does "fail" mean here? What are you expecting to happen when you run this server and client? What actually happens when you do?

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not respond \ r \ ncorretamente after a period of time, or established connection failed \ r \ nbecause connected host has not responded 192.168.0.102:5551

this excption error when i execute clinte app.

i have confusion with this port which i wrote .
if someone know how can i check if my port is working or unblock able to receive data ?

Check your firewall to see if port 5551 should be blocked, add an exception if needed, then try again.

If it's still broken, see if binding to localhost (127.0.0.1) works.