hi,,
i know i will be criticised by this but am not a programmer though but its ok,,,, i like to know if someone is willing to help...
==>> Student Attendance system.......that uses VB and access that includes SEARCH,ADD,DELETE,EDIT....
info: database/access only includes student,id# course and a specific date on a present day that will be inputed by a word present or just p ,,,,,
i post it coz where just using a manual hand written attndance in skul and i want to make used of computer or laptop to make it new,,,,,,bt i dnt know how to do it,,

.. i guess this is just a very easy one for some,,,,,
,,and again i only ask help for those who are willing,,,but if u dont just dnt post i guess its understandable,,,rather than talk mean words and do insult,,,

========================
this is the only thing i can do and i cant move on i just learn this in some tutorials,,,
and its very un friendly,,,,heheheh

=========================
Public Class Form1

Private Sub Table1BindingNavigatorSaveItem_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
    Me.Validate()
    Me.Table1BindingSource.EndEdit()
    Me.TableAdapterManager.UpdateAll(Me.AttndnceTestRunDataSet)

End Sub

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'AttndnceTestRunDataSet.Table1' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.
    Me.Table1TableAdapter.Fill(Me.AttndnceTestRunDataSet.Table1)
    'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'AttndnceTestRunDataSet.Table1' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.
    Me.Table1TableAdapter.Fill(Me.AttndnceTestRunDataSet.Table1)

End Sub

Private Sub Table1BindingNavigatorSaveItem_Click_1(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Table1BindingNavigatorSaveItem.Click
    Me.Validate()
    Me.Table1BindingSource.EndEdit()
    Me.TableAdapterManager.UpdateAll(Me.AttndnceTestRunDataSet)

End Sub

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
    Form2.Show()
    Me.Hide()
End Sub

Private Sub Table1DataGridView_CellContentClick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCellEventArgs) Handles Table1DataGridView.CellContentClick

End Sub

End Class

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

So are you basically creating an attendance register?

You did not mention what tutorial you are following. However, I have found this site to be very good, if at times dated, for learning the basics.
http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/NET/vbNet.html

It would also be helpful if you posted a screen shot of your database definition. From the code you posted, you have obviously figured out how to use the wizards to create a datasource and drag it to the form to create a bound datagridview. If you go to the Solution Explorer Window, you should see a file listed with the extension "xsd". Double-click on that and take screen shot and post it. That way we can see your table definition.

Also please state what your goals are.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.