#   windchill.py
#   tpm
#   A program that prints a nicely formatted table of windchill values.  

from math import *

def windchill(t, v):
    c = 35.74 + (0.6215 * t) - (35.75 * v ** .16) + (.4275 * t * v ** .16)
    return c

def main():
    print "MPH:",
    for k in range (-20, 70, 10):
        print "%3d" %k,
    print
    print "_" * 44
    for velocity in range (5, 55, 5):
        print "%3d" %velocity,
        for temp in range (-20, 70, 10):
            chill = windchill(temp, velocity)
            print "%3d" %round(chill),
        print

main()

:o

Recommended Answers

Assuming the formula is right, looks basically fine to me. Just be sure to remove the spaces from the main() subroutine you call at the end, there. Good Job!

A handy tip:
Be sure to place [code][/code] tags around your code. It's especially important with Python, because the spaces actually …

Jump to Post

All 4 Replies

Assuming the formula is right, looks basically fine to me. Just be sure to remove the spaces from the main() subroutine you call at the end, there. Good Job!

A handy tip:
Be sure to place [code][/code] tags around your code. It's especially important with Python, because the spaces actually are part of the code structure.

is there other to write this program?

I WROTE 2 PROGRAMS FOR WINDCHILL, AND IT STILL NOT RUNNING CORRECTLY. I TRIED EVERYTHING.

:mad: :evil: :cry: :o :sad: :(

I WROTE 2 PROGRAMS FOR WINDCHILL, AND IT STILL NOT RUNNING CORRECTLY. I TRIED EVERYTHING.

:mad: :evil: :cry: :o :sad: :(

Um...

I just said it worked fine on my machine. What is the problem? What errors is the interpreter throwing?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.20 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.